Susan Hilton College Station Real Estate
Realtor & Vice President of Sales of Bryan College Station Real Estate
Read my blog below
June 30th, 2012 Categories: Selling
If you are trying to selling your home at this point in time, you have probably noticed it is not always so easy! Sales and prices have been dropping over the last 5 years and are still dropping in most of the country. To make matters worse, this is something we can’t expect to turn around over night.
With the current sales pace, it would take 8.6 months to clear out the 3.5 million existing homes listed today.
After hearing all this bad news you may wondering, where is the good news?? Well get happy because here is some good news!
You have to convince your buyers your home is a GREAT DEAL! That means lowering the price, and/or getting someone (perhaps a professional) to make it look nice, and even having your Realtor create a website for the home!
Here are some tips on how to do some of this -
Do not set your price to high. When your house goes on the market it is importantto have a realistic price. It is important to ask your Realtor what homes similar to yours have sold for in the past 3-6 months.
- If your home has been on the market for more than 30 days make a big cut – as much as 10%.
- If you get an extremely low offer it is okay to reject it. However, if the buyer is willing to negotiate you need to start counter-offering.
If you are hiring a stager, which is not a bad idea if you can afford it, there are some things you need to do.
- Ask your Realtor for stager’s names or go to realestatestagingassociation.com to review different stager’s online portfolios with before – and – after photos.
- It is important to set a budget for the stager to work with.
About 90% of buyers begin their search on the internet which is why it is a great idea to create a site for you home!
- You need to make sure your site has around 24-36 photos. When you have more photos it really helps the number of views you will receive.
- Also having your house listed on a major site such as Realtor.com is not enough. You need to talk to your Realtor about getting an “enhanced” listing on the site. This will cause your home to get top promotional billing.